First steps with the Blink sketch
So lets go ahead and start with something simple, the Blink example for a Teensy3:
- Form the menu select “Arduino” –> “New Sketch”
or click on the New Sketch Button
and give the project a name, perhaps “T3_blink” and click on “Next”
- Eclipse will then request the Arduino specific information in a new window.
- Select the appropriate “Boards.txt” file for the Teensy boards
select your board, the correct port, etc. and click on “Finish”.
- Now you should see the project in the project explorer.
Open it and open the T3_blink.cpp file with a double-click and it will open up in the center pane for editing.
- Insert the blink code as shown below in the suggested places
- Click on the “Verify” button to compile the program. Make sure you have highlighted the project or a file in the project in the project explorer. Otherwise this button will be greyed out.
Alternatively from the Eclipse menu bar you can also select “Arduino” –>”verify”
- In the Console you will be able to see if the compilation was successful
- If this was successful, now you can upload the compiled hex file to the Teensy
I would also recommend for new users to read the info that Jantje has provided on his web site . There is a video demonstrating some of the above and while it is not reflecting the latest version of the plugin it still may provide some helpful hints.